at Terumo BCT
Posted on Oct. 4, 2016
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. Terumo BCT is a global leader in blood component, therapeutic apheresis and cellular technologies, serving customers in more than 120 countries. As the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction, we believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
If you have a solid track record as a Product Manager working globally in the medical device or biotechnology field, with an interest to join a company who's focus is on ensuring the lifesaving gift of blood is available to patients around the world, please consider joining our team.
For further information about this role, please contact Jackie Cassidy, Senior Recruiter at 303-542-5041 or [Click Here To Join] . Here's more:
GLOBAL PRODUCT MANAGER
Working without significant direction, the Global Product Manager provides product line leadership in the areas of strategic direction and objectives, marketing strategies and sales tools, and product line problem resolution in a particular market area.
* Translate customer needs and problems into product conceptualization, development and design objectives, and marketing strategies in conjunction with manufacturing, engineering, quality and worldwide sales.
* Establishes and is held accountable for the achievement of sales and market share goals for assigned products.
* Collects and analyzes competitor information and tracks sales. Develops and refines marketing, promotional, and pricing strategies.
* Organizes, coordinates and presents product seminars for customers and sales associates.
* Assists customers and sales associates through the provision of sales training, clinical in-service assistance, and marketing programs. Analyzes and resolves problems. Assists customers in the optimal use of products.
* Manages assigned product lines which includes awareness of product inventory, manufacturing or quality problems, application issues.
* Provides the highest level of expertise on the assigned products by communicating strategies, direction or general information.
* Establishes and achieves sales and market share goals for assigned products.
* Monitors and analyzes indicators of business performance such as Sales vs. forecast (units, revenue, gross profit), actual vs. plan selling price, product mix, disposables utilization, competitor information, and other relevant marketing factors.
* Develops and implements the introductory business plans for new products or product enhancements to assure proper positioning and strategies. Coordinates pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities.
* Works closely with the sales organization and marketing managers to successfully identify business opportunities, support tools, new marketing programs, planning and forecasting in a timely and high quality manner.
* Provides direction on the design and implementation of promotion, sales force collateral, and customer communication materials to ensure consistency with customer's needs and the system selling approach.
* Evaluates communication and documentation programs and support tools for effectiveness through customer and sales force feedback as well as objective research.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 7 years experience
* Extensive knowledge of product applications/therapies and the product markets for which the incumbent has responsibility.
* Extensive knowledge of sales/marketing strategic planning and program delivery.
* Working knowledge of domestic and worldwide markets and global marketing strategy.
* Ability to assess customer needs and market trends within the context of product and business capabilities and the ability to translate this assessment into workable strategy.
* Requires a thorough understanding of marketplace dynamics as they relate to product, price, promotion, and distribution.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.