Posted on Apr. 21, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
If you enjoy guiding, leading a team and overseeing customer services and operations, we would like you to consider our Management Career Path with Heartland Automotive. Our managers provides “hands-on” overall leadership and direction to store teammates to ensure store financial performance and guest service meets or exceeds company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The General Manager will train and supervise store teammates in the performance of the following functions. (See the job descriptions for each store position for more specific details.)
There is tremendous management career growth opportunities in this role!
General Manager duties that include but are not limited to:
• Provide prompt and courteous guest service, answer questions, and investigate and resolve guest problems and complaints.
• Maintain inventory control with thorough knowledge of cost of goods, turn-ratio, ordering and receiving products, etc.
• Responsible for budgeting, sales forecasts, P/L performance, etc. as well as understand factors which affect sales and profit such as guest counts, marketing, weather, etc.
• Maintain or direct the maintenance of the building, equipment and grounds, including but not limited to the air compressor, HVAC, flooring, bay nets, oil/water separator, interior and exterior lighting, dumpster area, sump pump, waste oil system, tire rotation lifts, overhead doors, etc.
• Troubleshoot and coordinate the on-going maintenance of the POS system.
• Provide supervision and training to teammates including scheduling, coaching, performance management, and performance appraisals.
• Confront unacceptable performance, hold teammates accountable, and utilize appropriate teammate performance management techniques when necessary.
• Arrange for employment advertising, interview and select teammates. Initiate substance abuse and background checks as needed. Monitor staffing levels and adjust accordingly to maintain labor control. Conduct Teammate Orientation meetings if needed at your location.
• Provide safety, security, and environmental leadership for all store personnel with thorough knowledge of lockout / tagout procedures, MSDS, waste policy compliance, Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) plan, the company safety manual, and OSHA & EPA resources and compliance. Be prepared to provide swift and accurate direction to teammates or guests who may become injured on the job and report all incidents no more than 24 hours after the occurrence.
• Open and Close the store as necessary.
• Complete daily, weekly and monthly paperwork and ship or store paperwork as necessary.
• Maintain and enforce proper cash controls.
• Partner with the Loss Prevention Department to ensure LP policy compliance; promote honesty and integrity in all business transactions; report incidents of theft of inventory, assets, and/or cash shortage over $10; and report all burglaries or robberies immediately to the LP Department after emergency services and your District or Market Manager are contacted.
• Assist at other locations as directed.
MANAGEMENT / SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This position must select effective team members using the Heartland Interview Process, establish clear expectations to the team, delegate effectively, promote the Respect in the Workplace policy, maintain an Open Door policy, be approachable and communicate regularly with all team members, follow up on all issues in a timely manner, conduct staff meetings, hold subordinates accountable, confront unacceptable performance and discipline appropriately. This position is also required to demonstrate a desire to meet company goals, providing clear vision / direction / strategy to subordinates and to set the example for attitude, professionalism, and work ethic at the location.
• Management: 3 years
• Training & Development: 3 years
• P&L Responsibility: 3 years
Required license or certification:
• Driver's License
Heartland Automotive is an equal opportunity and veteran friendly employer.
Our Culture: Our mantra is “Promise to Care”. Heartland/Jiffy Lube cares about our employees and our guests. We have deep values that reflect how we care for one another and for our customers.
Scheduling interviews this week
Click Apply now to connect with our Area Recruiter for immediate consideration!