Posted on Oct. 18, 2016
The General Manager is responsible for the complete day-to-day operation of a high volume sales, customer service and installation facility. This includes all activity related to the sales, service and installation of Empire's product lines which include Carpet, Hard Surfaces Flooring, and Window Treatments. The GM must have complete knowledge of Empire's business and be able to coach and lead a team to reach the location's goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages all aspects of the branch operation.
• Maintains location profitability and efficiency through operations analysis, identifies trends, defines problems and develops/ implements solutions.
• Communicates Empire's standard for sales, customer service and installation to associates, managers and contractors and ensuring these standards are met.
• Ensures customer questions and concerns are answered or resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Forecasts staffing needs for seasonal business changes and increased volume.
• Sets objectives and ensures they are met.
• Uses established procedures to hire associates and installers.
• Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• 7+ years of operational experience with facilities, warehousing, general office, technology and process in a Home Improvement industry setting.
• Strong business to consumer service orientation and experience.
• Proven track record in leadership, prioritization and follow up in a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills demonstrated through a sense of urgency and solid judgment and reasoning ability.
• Proficient computer skills with fluency in MS Office.
• Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate effectively via email.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Computer Knowledge Requirements: MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Siebel is preferred.