Posted on Feb. 2, 2018
SUMMARY / JOB PURPOSE
General Managers grow their assigned agency and manage local staff to address the business objectives of the company. The General Manager coaches and develops agents to meet the insurance needs of policyholders and clients with appropriate and suitable products. The position supports agents to maximize their professional growth and revenue-generating opportunities, with the goal to ensure agents are reaching retention level productivity. Functions as the primary liaison between the Home Office and assigned (independent) sales agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Increases agency’s growth, effectiveness and production by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and counseling insurance agents; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing a welcoming climate by offering value added information and opinions; providing training and developmental opportunities, including to ensure agents are reaching retention level productivity.
• Accomplishes agency objectives by recommending business plans, budgets, and result measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress and making needed mid-course corrections.
• Generates new business by identifying and addressing opportunities in the local market.
• Develops and maintains good and compliant working relationships with clients, insurance carriers, regulatory agencies, assigned agents and co-workers.
• Increases profitability of proprietary product lines by encouraging agents to consider these products when they meet the needs of clients.
• Ensures trust and credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions, compliant business practices and a full understanding of available product solutions.
• Builds company image by collaborating with customers, community organizations, and others; enforces ethical business practices.
• Directs and coordinates agency’s financial and budget activities to manage operations and maximize growth and efficiency.
• Reviews growth results, recruiting, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing program improvement and cost reduction.
• Meets required growth and sales objectives.
• All other related duties.