at Bags, Inc.
Posted on Apr. 28, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
A Gate Assist Agent works at an airport facility and provides assistance to passengers traveling in wheelchairs. Gate Assist Agents must maintain a friendly and positive attitude and always be attentive to each passenger’s individual needs.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Transport passengers requiring wheelchair service within the terminal and aircraft
• Escorting passengers service animal to a relief area
• Properly secures passenger in aisle chair for safe transfer to/from aircraft seat.
• Assists airline personnel with helping passengers in and out of chair, if required
• Assists wheelchair passenger with stowing carry-on bags and assistive devices
• Assists in transferring gate-checked luggage down the jet bridge and through the chute to the ground
• Escorts unaccompanied minors from their arriving gate to the ATO
• Must be able to read airline ticket, timetable, FIDS monitors, SABRE, various domestic and
international forms and airline city codes
• Push customer’s electrical wheelchair or scooter to the nearest elevator, either ground level or
terminal level, to transport between the aircraft and the boarding gate.
• Ability to work various shifts
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred
• Ability to obtain an airport badge
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug screen
• Must be 18 years of age and eligible to work in US