Posted on Sep. 22, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
You’re looking for a job, we’re looking for you. That is, as long as you thrive in a fast-moving environment, don’t mind working with and around moving mechanical parts, and are okay with a little noise. Our fulfillment centers are where Amazon orders come to life, where we focus on delighting our customers by delivering smiling boxes filled with everything under the sun.
Answer a few more questions and you’re on your way to your new adventure with Amazon.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Fulfillment center:
- Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes…following the rules.
- Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
- Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We’ll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
- Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
- Cool with casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday every day.
- Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
- Temperature in the fulfillment center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
- You’ve got mail. Receive products using frequency scanners and unload shipments from trucks.
- Cozy kicks. You’ll stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility – good shoes are a must!
- Hands-on experience. You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
- On the move. You should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
- Potential opportunity to operate PIT equipment; special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability.
Hourly Pay Rate: Starts at $12.25/hour
Various shifts available, including part time.
Let’s sweeten the deal…
- Health care benefits, starting day 1
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday and overtime pay
- Paid time off
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Employee discount
- We’ll support your educational and career goals with our Career - Choice program
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- You’ve thrown your cap in the air – you have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Blow out the candles – you are at least 18 years old
- Flex, not just your muscles – you are willing and able to work all shifts
- Overtime isn’t just a sports term – you are willing and able to work overtime as required, bringing smiles to our customers doesn’t take time off
- Let’s get physical – you must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Step it up – you’re able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
You must be able to read and take direction in English.
- You must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines).
- You must be willing and able to work on powered equipment, for example a forklift or cherry picker.
Basic Qualifications (because compliance asked us nicely to list these out…)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation