Posted on Mar. 13, 2018
The Front Office Manager is responsible for the short term planning and day-to-day operations of the Front Office Department. The major areas of responsibility/management include: Front Desk, PBX, Bell Stand, Concierge, Valet and Transportation. Recommends, implements and monitors the department's budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
COMPETITIVE PAY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Education requirementsFour year college degree or equivalent education/experience
Experience requirementsFrom two to three full years of full employment in a related position with Musselman or other Hotel companies
Responsibilities• Implement company programs and manage the operations of the Front Office (Front Desk, PBX, Bell Stand, Concierge, Transportation, Valet) to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
• Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implement and monitor the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
• Resolve customer complaints, anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
• Manage the Human Resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
• Liaise with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
• Monitor and maintain the Front Office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
• Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
• Perform the Manager on Duty functions as assigned.
Skills• Requires knowledge of discipline-specific Interstate policies, procedures and services and general knowledge of other departments in the hotel.
• Requires supervision/management skills.
• Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction.
• Ability to communicate in English. Second language desirable.
• Ability to handle cash and credit transactions.
• Ability to enforce all company rules and SOPs.
Work hoursVarious Shifts Including Weekends
***All applicants must complete the online application in order to be considered for this position.***
1. APPLY ONLINE: Fill out the quick apply form and select apply now. On the next page, please select "employer's career page" to complete the online application process.
2. APPLY VIA EMAIL: Fill out the quick apply form, attach resume and click the "apply now".