Posted on Nov. 22, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and/or serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of food service environments. May perform such duties as preparing salad items, hot foods, and/or cold foods, and/or assisting in the preparation of bakery items, as appropriate to the position. Assist in cleaning work areas, equipment, utensils. May assist in the set up, and service; and collection of garbage/trash; as appropriate to the area of operation. May serve food to customers and/or perform cashiering duties, as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits.
• Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
• Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator.
• Properly stores foods in designated areas following wrapping, dating, and rotation procedures.
• Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
• Distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment.
• Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
• Serves customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
• Resolves customer concerns.
• Interacts with co-workers to ensure compliance with company service standards, and inventory and cash control procedures.
• Assures compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
• High school diploma or training and experience that are considered equivalent.
• Knowledge of good dietary practices.
• Proficiency in the preparation of large quantities of food.
• Good human relations with the ability to communicate in a courteous manner.
• Neat appearance
• Competence in supervising others.
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
The Dublin City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law.