Posted on Sep. 12, 2016
Location: School Nutrition Services
Work Schedule: 179 Days
Work Type: Regular Part-Time
Salary Range: $9.96/hr - $12.44/hr
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent or one month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Texas Food Handlers Certification
PRIMARY PURPOSE SUMMARY:
Prepare and serve food in school cafeteria in accordance with recipe instructions and government regulations.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares and follows instructions in cooking and/or baking meat, vegetables, etc.
2. Complies with all safety and sanitation regulations.
3. Reads and follows recipe instructions.
4. Cleans and sanitizes equipment.
5. Operates equipment safely per instructions.
6. Communicates with coworkers, customers and staff about meal items.
7. Maintains personal appearance and hygiene.
8. Records and uses leftovers as instructed.
9. Serves portions as instructed.
10. Follows procedures for accurate cashiering and in accordance with departmental and Child Nutrition regulations.
11. Maintains confidentiality of all information.
12. Reports to work on time every day.
13. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination to include alcohol and drug testing
• Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
• Moderate proficiency in the use of a computer
• Ability to understand instructions and communicate in basic English
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and recipes and procedure manuals
• Ability to understand food preparation and safety instructions
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations
• Ability to lift 25 pounds; up to 50 pounds utilizing the team lift method
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
NORTH EAST INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
*** High School Diplomas and college/university degrees must be obtained from an accredited program or university approved by the United States Department of Education and the Texas Education Agency.