Posted on Aug. 29, 2016
Empire Today, LLC is a Northlake, Illinois-based home improvement company specializing in installed carpet, flooring, and window treatments. The company operates in more than 75 metropolitan areas in the United States, making it a leading provider of installed home improvements and home furnishings in North America Our mission at Empire Today® is to secure loyal customers for life. Our employees strongly believe in this mission and work hard every day to deliver on this promise. Empire Today truly values our employees and strives to provide opportunities and work environments that make our people happy to work every day.
Flooring Installation Support Specialist authorizes additional work requests from on-site installers using predetermined guidelines and answers a wide range of product and installation questions from both on-site installers and market associates. Working out of our Dallas- Ft. Worth metro office location this individual communicates with installers, Empire Today Associates and customers, via phone, text, and email. Having a basic understanding of carpet, flooring products, and carpet and flooring installation experience would be a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Field basic technical questions from installers and market associates with the support of supervisors via phone, text, and email.
• Quickly receive and address additional work authorization (AWA) requests for extra material and labor, from installers via phone, text, and email.
• Quickly review job diagram measurements, material list, as well as information supplied by the onsite installer to verify or discount installers’ requests for authorizations of additional work including labor pay and materials.
• As appropriate, provide approval to installers or deny requests providing an explanation for such denial.
• Negotiate with customers to collect additional revenue for extra services within established approval guidelines.
• Customer Resolution
• Update job order documents on the computer system / network
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience within the Flooring Industry (such as an Installer, Sales Rep, or Flooring Refinisher).
• Construction experiences a plus.
• Basic understanding of units of measure such as feet, inches, and square feet.
• Basic understanding of carpet and flooring products.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced phone environment.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
• Ability to create, manipulate and utilize documents via Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• A high degree of organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal, telephone and customer service skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.