Posted on Nov. 20, 2017
Goodwill Industries has exciting new career opportunities this fall! Most people think of Goodwill as just a thrift store, but our business is really about changing lives. Our employees make our community a better place and everyone, regardless of position, plays a role in the success of our mission. We hire individuals committed to excellence and to providing much needed services in our community. We focus on abilities, not disabilities to generate revenue and support this mission and help people identify and gain meaningful work. Take the first step to join our team.
An application MUST be completed and submitted in order to be considered for employment.
Now seeking a Janitor/Floor Specialist in Tulsa, OK.
SALARY: $9.00 an hour
• Company paid basic term life
• Paid time off
• Voluntary medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k
Maintains premises of commercial, institutional, industrial or similar establishments in clean and orderly condition.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Dusts floors, equipment, furniture, ventilation grills, cobwebs and windowsills.
• Polishes metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
• Washes walls, woodwork, windows, door panels and sills.
• Empties wastebaskets, (not to exceed 10 pounds), and cleans basket when needed. Empties and cleans ashtrays.
• Transports trash and waste to disposal area and properly places trash in container.
• Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using vacuum cleaner.
• Cleans bathrooms and replenishes bathroom supplies.
• Removes spots from carpet using spot removing chemicals and a clean rag.
• Cleans floors using dust mop, broom and wet mop as required.
• Review and be familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures, adhere to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attend safety training sessions and safety meetings.
On-the-job training over a period up to and including three (3) months.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have clean criminal record
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
INTERESTED? Take these steps in order to join our team:
• Click “Quick Apply” to submit your contact information.
• Acquire an application via our website, at any Goodwill store, donation center or at our Headquarters. You MUST fill out a Goodwill provided application in order to be considered for employment.
• Expect an email or phone call from a Recruiter. If being considered, you will be provided with next steps. Make sure you check your spam folder.
If you do not have access to a computer, we provide free access to computers and Internet at any of our Job Connection Centers.