Posted on Dec. 1, 2016
GENERAL SUMMARY: FLOATER I - LOUISVILLE, KY
Hours vary from 7:30a - 1a (some weekend days)
The Floater l is responsible to screen patients on-site at hospitals for eligibility assistance programs. They travel within an assigned region to cover for representatives who are ill, on vacation, on leave or out of the office for any reason.
FOUNDATION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES REQUIRED: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide information and reports to our client contact(s) to keep them up-to-date on our progress.
* Possibly be assigned a small workload of accounts to resolve.
* Cover at facilities within an assigned region when the onsite representatives are out of the office.
* Screen those patients who are in-house and are designated self-pay for state, county and/or Federal eligibility assistance programs.
* Begin the application process when possible.
* Identify specific patient needs and direct them to the appropriate agency for assistance.
* Introduce the patients to MedAssist's services and inform them that we will be contacting them on a regular basis about their progress.
* Lay the groundwork for the Patient Account Representatives to develop a positive relationship with the patient.
* Legibly record all patient information on the designated in house screening sheet.
* Document the results of the screening in the hospital computer system.
* Inform the designated hospital employee(s) of the availability of assistance for each patient in a timely manner.
* Outside field work as required.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain a positive working relationship with the hospital staff of all levels and departments.
* Access information for the patient account representatives as needed (discharge dates, balances, itemized statements, medical records, etc.).
* Adhere to prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
* Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
Assist with other projects as assigned by management.
EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDATIONS:
* High school diploma or GED is required
* 1 - 3 years experience with medical billing, medical coding, eligibility (government or hospital) or other pertinent medical experience is preferred
* Local travel will be required
* Must be willing to drive your own car
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Basic personal computer skills are required
* Ability to effectively work and communicate with coworkers, patients, outside agencies and hospital employees
* Ability to present oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times
* Ability to stay on task with little or no supervision
* Demonstrate initiative and creativity in fulfilling job responsibilities
* Possess excellent organization skills
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a busy work environment
Reliability of task completion and follow-up