Posted on Sep. 27, 2016
Sets up and operates flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock for use in making products, such as plastic, paper, and drinking cups: Reads job order and mounts specified plates and dies on cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes
• Ensures all press equipment is functioning properly and within guidelines.
• Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
• Splices end of roll to trailer sheet remaining in press, using tape, and turns hand wheel to regulate roll tension and feed as directed.
• Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
• Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
• May operate press that prints and cuts.
• May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
• Ink the presses, load paper, and adjust the press to the paper size.
• Perform digital, electrostatic, and ink-jet printing.
• Transfer files, blend colors, and proof images electronically using digital presses.
• Set up, monitor, and adjust the printing process on a control panel or computer monitor.
• Adjust the flow of ink to the inking rollers accordingly.
• Install the printing plate with the images to be printed.
• May operate press equipped with laminator attachment to print and laminate polyethylene or cellophane sheeting.
• Flexographic Printing Knowledge, water-base & UV cured ink systems
• Attention to detail a must
• Good math skills are essential
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently or on a team.
• Self-directed and self-motivated.
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Organized - strong attention to detail and follow-up.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• 5 years’ experience.
• Well versed in all aspect of Wide Web Flexo printing and be willing to work any shift and weekends
• 401k and benefits
• Opportunity for promotion
• Flexo Press: 5 years