Posted on Feb. 16, 2018
Full Time, Part Time
G4S is searching for bright and talented professionals to join our Security Team!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Flexible Security Officer. As a Flexible Security Officer, you will be responsible for the physical security of our clients. In this position you will perform general security duties in the protection of persons and property and the enforcement of all applicable policies, rules, and regulations of the client.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
***SIGN ON BONUS***
$500 Sign On Bonus after successful orientation training
Additional $500 bonus after completion of 6 months
$1,000 Bonus Potential
• Professional training provided
• Paid training
• Free uniforms and equipment
• Vacation Package
• Advancement Opportunities
EXCELLENT PAY & BENEFITS!
• Performance incentives
• Excellent benefits package
• Great vacation package
• Advancement opportunities
• Professional training provided
Education requirementsMust possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Must complete any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Must successfully complete a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Experience requirements* Must possess one or more of the following:
* Meaningful and verifiable work history in any field
* Minimum of 1 years verifiable and successful security experience
* Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
* Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
* Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
Qualifications• Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
• Must have access to reliable transportation
• Must not use illegal drugs. Must submit to a pre-employment drug test
• Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
• Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
• Upon acceptance of a job offer, must successfully complete the following:
• MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required
• Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Responsibilities• Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
• Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
• Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
• Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
• Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
• Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
• Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
• Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
Skills• Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
• Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Active listening skills
• Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
• Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
• Attention to detail
Work hoursFlexible Shifts, Part Time and Full Time Positions
Apply By Email or Phone:
1. Email: Fill out the quick apply form, attached your resume, and select “Apply Now”
2. Phone: Fill out the quick apply form and select “Apply Now”, on the next page, select “employer phone’ to access phone number to call.
***APPLY ONLINE TODAY***
Please take the time to go online and complete the G4S online application. Online application process takes approximately 1 hour to complete. All candidates MUST complete the online application before they will be considered for this position.
TO APPLY ONLINE: Fill out the 'Quick Apply' form and select 'Apply Now'. At the top of the page there will be a link called “employer’s career website”. Select this link and apply directly on G4S career page for this position. Call us if you have challenges with the application process.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.