Posted on Oct. 14, 2016
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance
::::::: SOAR with Tulsa International Airport :::::::
Immediate Opportunity for Fleet Mechanics.
$16.38 to $20.00 / hour [BOE & Qualifications]
Air Conditioned Shop & Tools Provided!
7 AM – 3:30 PM Monday through Friday Schedule!
The Fleet Mechanic's Primary Responsibility is to maintain the Airport’s fleet vehicles, heavy equipment and fire trucks.
• Experience working on gasoline and diesel engines
• Minimum 5 years automotive repair experience
• Class A CDL within 6 months of hire
• Freon Recovery Certificate within 6 months of hire
* Tulsa Airports offers promotion opportunities, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, vacation and sick time! *
• Inspect, maintain & repair a wide variety of fleet vehicles & equipment used at Tulsa International Airport.
• Vehicles maintained by Tulsa International Airport’s Fleet Maintenance Department include pool cars & pickup trucks, passenger shuttle vans, heavy equipment, mowers, fire trucks, pavement marking equipment & a variety of other equipment used in the day-to-day operations of the Airport.
• Participation on snow crew is mandatory & when activated, requires availability to work 12 hour shifts during weather-related & other types of emergency situations.
• Performs complete overhaul, tune up, & repair work on gasoline engines, diesel engines, manual & automatic transmissions, drive trains, heating & cooling systems, alignments, clutches, air brake systems, differentials, suspensions, exhaust systems, ignition systems, injection & standard fuel systems
• Inspects & performs installation, maintenance & repairs to hydraulic systems
• Maintains service logs & performs scheduled maintenances / tune-ups/ repairs
• Operates test equipment
• Makes time & cost material estimates
• Orders parts, supplies, & equipment & maintains stock
• Maintains the airport fuel management system, & daily reconciliation of fuel usage.
• Performs reports required by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
• Operates & repairs a variety of light to heavy automotive vehicles & equipment
• Maintain accurate records in the Airport’s Work Order System & Paperwork submits
• Maintains facility, shop equipment, & work area
• Must report to work on a regular & timely basis
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
• Working knowledge of internal combustion engines/ mechanics
• Working knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic equipment systems & heavy duty machinery
• Diesel & small engine experience
• Hazard & safety precaution working knowledge
• Ability to perform heavy manual labor in rather inaccessible spaces;
• Ability to climb ladders or platforms;
• Ability to operate heavy duty automotive equipment;
• Ability to maintain time & material records
• Ability to courteously & tactfully communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, other members of the organization.
• Skill in the care & use of hand tools & automotive related mechanical equipment used in the automotive mechanical trade
This job description lists only the primary job duties normally assigned to this position, but does not restrict the performance of other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Click "Quick Apply" to apply online.