Posted on Aug. 7, 2017
• Great Pay!
• Excellent Benefits!
The Bobtail and or flatbed Truck Driver drives and operates a bobtail and or flatbed truck equipped with one or more product pumps various oil field related fuels and lubricants. This product is picked up at various locations within the state of Texas at in-house bulk storage or at various refinery terminals, to be used in well servicing and drilling operations. These drivers will also delivery to convenience stores and other locations as directed by terminal dispatchers. All duties of the Bobtail and or flatbed Truck Driver are to be performed according to the Company operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
• Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL A) with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
• Must have basic knowledge of oil field and related equipment associated with the trucking of oil field equipment.
• Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
• Pass the company's drug screen.
• Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
• Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
• Acceptable criminal history.
• Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
• Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
• This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
• While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
• Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
• Must have the knowledge required in the pumping, hose connections, and placing of equipment associated with well servicing and off loading operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Bobtail and or flatbed Truck Driver drives the Bobtail and or flatbed Truck to the location to load or unload petrochemicals as required for the job.
• The Bobtail and or flatbed Truck Driver is required to drive the truck to and from the area office to the customer's location and back to the areas office or refinery terminal. This will require the position to be knowledgeable of all applicable DOT rules and regulations and all job related Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
• The bobtail and or flatbed driver must know how to deliver product in totes and enable 1000 gallon and 500 gallon tank set ups.
• This position will require the Bobtail and or flatbed Truck Driver to maintain accurate work tickets based on the Company's requirements and the work performed for the customer as well as the ability to maintain accurate driving log books, pre-trip/ post-trip information and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerting supervision when hours worked may exceed DOT maximums.
• An understanding of basic maintenance concepts required to perform light to heavy repairs as necessary. All brake work performed on the vehicle will require the Driver to have the proper brake certification. The position requires the use of hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
• This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the operation of the equipment, Company Standard Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
• Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Guidelines.
• Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
• Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
• Adheres to Company policies and work requirements
• Medical /Prescription Insurance Coverage
• Vision Insurance Coverage
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
Arguindegui Oil Company, has a rich 70 year history and a bright future as South Texas' premier distributor of Fuels, Lubricants, and Chemicals. Arguindegui Oil is currently hiring for qualified and ambitious individuals to meet the needs of customers by delivering petroleum products in a safe, timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
*Visit us on 8/30 from 10a to 2p.
*Click Apply now for the location address.