Posted on Apr. 9, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Paid holidays
Founded in 1975, Mid-State started out as a Machine Shop with 15 employees servicing mostly Phosphate industry. Today, Mid-State Industrial Services employees over 500 people serving the Phosphate, Chemical, Power, Citrus, Sand & Aggregate, and many other industries by offering turnkey solutions including field maintenance, fabrication, dragline repair, machining, pump repair, gearbox repair, and valve repair. MS is equipped with industry experts, 200,000 square foot of shop space, and overhead crane capacity up to 35 tons allowing MS to meet all of our clients’ needs.
Education requirementsHigh School Diploma
Experience requirementsMinimum one year Industrial Shop experience
This position will report to Fitter Lead
Qualifications• Operates and maintains tools and equipment
• Performs housekeeping in area as needed
• Must be able to stand, bend, and stoop for 10+ hour shifts
• Must wear safety glasses and hearing protection
• Must be able to tack weld or have some welding knowledge
• Must be able to work with others
Responsibilities• Attend daily Safety meeting
• Fitter- daily time keeping (verify correct time on personal as
well as helper's card)
• Fitter- task helpers in prescribed group
• Fitter- coordinates fabrication job plan with Lead person
• Monitors progress of each job assignment
• Coordinate and monitor QC hold points
• Monitor in coming material PO's
Skills• Execute planned sequence of the fabrication process
• Coordinate helpers, monitor schedule
• Task include blue print reading, cutting, grinding, burning,
drilling, assembly etc.
• Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications
• Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or
• Follow blueprints and layout specifications
• Meet quality requirements and safety requirements
Work hoursMid-State Machine & Fabrication is a great company looking for exceptional people. The company offers great pay and competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401k options; holiday pay and vacation time.
This is a Full time and Permanent position.
Overtime is often required.