Posted on Apr. 20, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
S.A. Comunale, a leading contractor in the fire protection industry, is seeking a Fire Sprinkler Estimator. This person would be responsible for estimating fire protection systems from project contract drawings and design build concepts.
Perfect job opportunity for a Fire Sprinkler Designer wanting to take the next step to expand their career!
Qualified candidate will have minimum 5 years experience in Fire Sprinkler Design and/or Fire Sprinkler Estimating including layout and pricing for fire protection systems. Extensive knowledge of new fire sprinkler system installation and tenant improvement projects.
S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years. Backed by more than 40 years of experience protecting facilities of all types and sizes, S.A. Comunale Company, Inc., an EMCOR Company, specializes in the design, installation, inspection, and service of fire sprinklers systems, and alarm systems. Our capabilities include nationwide preventive and emergency services for virtually any type of fire protection system, as well as complete, long-term system monitoring and management. We also provide heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and mechanical construction, including plumbing and process piping, as well as preventive maintenance services.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
The Project Manager will be responsible for bidding contract work, creating job schedules, coordinating the delivery of tools and fabrications, identifying and managing the personnel assigned to each project, and tracking labor efficiency. In addition, the individual will be responsible for representing the company at job progress meetings and initiating change orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify clients’ needs in terms of fire protection/sprinkler systems by attending job walk-through and job site surveys, including travel in-state.
• Estimating and quoting fire sprinkler projects and repairs.
• Tracking and follow-up on permit documents until completion of process.
• Working with design team on system design, submittals & permitting.
• Working to grow fire sprinkler project opportunities by developing relationships with general contractors, architects and engineers, and suppliers.
• Coordinate project scheduling with design team and project manager.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in layout and pricing for fire protection systems
• Previous experience with Plan/Spec, Negotiated, and Design-Build projects.
• Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
• Demonstrated skills in using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
• High School Diploma/GED
Additional Skills Desired:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Fire Sprinkler Design and/or Fire Sprinkler Estimating
• Extensive knowledge of new fire sprinkler system installation and tenant improvement projects
• NICET certification a plus but not required
• Working knowledge of NFPA and all other fire protection codes.
• The ability to read and understand commercial plans and specifications
• Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• The ability and desire to work in a technical environment
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Company Cell Phone/iPAD/Laptop
• Company Vehicle or Allowance
Complete Quick Apply for immediate consideration and to connect with our recruiter!