Posted on Apr. 26, 2017
AT&T DirecTV Field Supervisor/Assistant needed.
Are you ready for the next level?
The Field Supervisor will be responsible for managing various processes within their satellite markets. This position will also monitor quality, training and day-to-day operations for the business and will report directly to the Site Manager. We are seeking candidates who live in the area.
The Field Supervisor will serve as a single point of contact for all problems in the Field Operations environment and will aggressively pursue root causes for service failures while communicating regularly with the Site Manager. You will be responsible for assuring that Quality Assurance standards are met and maintained while still assisting field technicians with problems and troubleshooting advanced issues. The Field Supervisor assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe technical operation of the department. You will be responsible for conducting training utilizing the company's safety, quality and customer service practices, policies and standards. You will also be responsible for utilizing and developing on-going systems that meet both company and client standards.
As the Field Supervisor, you will be part of a very exciting team that demands a combination of project management and leadership skills. You will need a strong work ethic and have the ability to establish working relationships with employees while serving as a conduit between employees and senior management. We are looking for the right team player; someone who can influence field operations and help bring the Home Services group to the next level.
· Experience in technical industry, Satellite, Cable, or Telecommunications management preferred.
· Must possess a valid driver's license in the state of employment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft office and inventory software systems preferred.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail and prioritization.
· Ability to lead and develop others in achieving company goals and objectives.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to managers, clients, customers, and employees.
· SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred.
· Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment to include a drug test, criminal background, MVR.
· Ability to work full time, up to and including 6 days a week, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb up to a 40-foot ladder.
· Some Travel may be required.
It feels great to work for a company that is expanding its global footprint in this fast-paced, exciting industry
We are excited to talk with you.