at Terumo BCT
Posted on Mar. 21, 2017
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
The Clinical Specialist works without significant direction and designs, develops and delivers customer focused training and provides complex problem solving services in a field environment. This position will be a per diem position, with hours as assigned, based on availability. Case coverage is needed primarily during the week, but also some weekends and holidays. Ideally we would like someone who has a set schedule and/or knows their schedule in advance. It will probably be 10-20 hours weekly.
The person in this role will work with our Harvest Technology division, serving as an expert resource to clinicians in the hospital and outpatient environment during procedures with our customers, often times in the O.R. The Clinical Specialist works in conjunction with the sales and clinical education teams, the position reports to a Sales Manager. We have a full time Clinical Specialist in this role, and need additional coverage for when she is not available.
* Coordinates, directs, and delivers on-site customer training programs.
* Provides clinical or technical training support to field personnel.
* Identifies and solves complex and/or unusual customer problems.
* Documents and provides written solutions to recurring problems, including the training of others.
* Identifies the need for, defines, and develops protocols using Terumo BCT instruments.
* Assists in clinical trials including design, site selection, training of site participants, and some clinical monitoring.
* Performs ongoing market assessment of customers' technical needs and problems.
* Analyzes therapy trends in the marketplace, and communicates to necessary departments.
* Provides detailed input/feedback to Product Management Team to recommend changes in product design, manufacturing, quality, or any other aspect of the product or service.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum two years of relevant technical or clinical experience.
* Strong, demonstrated expertise in product and therapy knowledge.
* A high degree of interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage own time effectively.
* Demonstrated ability and desire to teach. Demonstrated ability to design and develop training programs and documentation.
* Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers, physicians, nurses, and other technical medical staff.
* Demonstrated and effective leadership skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* A valid Driver's License is required.
* Extensive travel (50%+).
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.