Posted on Sep. 9, 2016
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance
Family Development Services' full time Family / Child Educator – Head Start will plan and implement developmentally and age-appropriate classroom activities for young children that will improve their literacy, numeric, language, cognitive, fine and gross motor skills; improve positive attitudes toward learning, social behavior and emotional well-being as well as their physical health. Provide for health and safety of all children in his/her classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the classroom.
* Implements the curriculums approved for use by Policy Council and Board of Directors.
* Communicates and interacts with children, staff, parents and the public in a pleasant and respectful manner.
* Writes developmentally and age-appropriate lesson plans that include individualization for each child.
* Uses developmentally-appropriate techniques to interact with children - individually or in groups - to support learning throughout the day.
* Ensures that materials to improve and enhance the mandated Head Start Outcomes and Domains are accessible to the children.
* Completes and scores required assessments and screenings, as outlined in the Education and Early Childhood Development Standard Operating Procedures.
* Regularly records child response to lesson planning and make appropriate adjustments.
* Documents the children’s work using the eight forms of evidence including goal(s) and leveling.
* Conducts a minimum of two (2) home visits per year per child. * * Submits home visit reports to Center Director as he/she designates.
Abilities to, with or without reasonable accommodations: talk, hear, stand, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; see up close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds.
* Ability to collaborate, effectively facilitate change, communicate opening and effectively, delegate, be flexible, good time/project management, task driven, willingness to learn.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Applicants must meet the following basic qualifications for consideration:
* Associates or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education or related major with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education.
* Must provide documentation of Early Childhood Education credits
* At least 18 years of age
* Experience working with preschool children required
Among our benefits, we provide a 403b/retirement plan.
We also we provide generous paid time off.
Numerous types of insurance coverage provided or available.
Applicants with the following qualifications are preferred:
Bilingual in English and Spanish
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer