at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 28, 2016
Under direct supervision from management, cleans and documents tasking in a clean room environment. Acts as a working lead to team.
* Responsible for understanding and following existing procedures for cleaning the clean room required to meet regulatory requirements and complete housekeeping tasking.
* Abides by and adheres to all normal safety or security rules and regulations and reports infractions.
* Responsible for handling, collecting, labeling, and/or transfering hazardous chemical waste following established procedures and guidelines.
* Responsible for maintaining a certain standard of cleanliness and sanitation per standard operating procedures and associated regulatory documentation.
* Reponsible for managing and distributing clean room garments.
* Adheres to strict attendance guidelines.
* Reviews and approves regulatory paperwork completed by housekeeping personnel.
* Provides direction to team and follows up to ensure all tasking is complete.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May be required to work other shifts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED, or relevant experience may be considered.
No prior experience required.
* Ability to provide supervision and direction as a working Lead.
* Reading and comprehending procedures written in English. Able to work from written procedures.
* Ability to inspect own work for accuracy and adherence to policies.
* Ability to work effectively with other associates by using good interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
* Ability to learn and comply with new methods, processes, and policies.
* Ability to respond with a sense of urgency and work effectively and productively.
* Ability to work in high places using ladders or lifts.
* Ability to successfully complete training on biohazards and other regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Manufacturing Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, and hand/finger dexterity.
* Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowning of clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds and transport up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
* Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
* Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions.
* Must be able to work under florescent lighting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.