at Terumo BCT
Posted on Aug. 13, 2017
Under direct supervision, performs facilities maintenance, custodial services, installation, improvements, and/or repairs. May perform duties in a clean room environment.
* Responsible for following existing methods and procedures for maintaining the facility to meet regulatory requirements and accountability reporting.
* Abides by and adheres to all normal safety or security rules and regulations and reports infractions.
* May be required to handle, collect, label, and/or transfer hazardous chemical waste following established procedures and guidelines.
* Responsible for performing custodial and grounds keeping activities and facilities maintenance functions.
* Responsible for maintaining a certain standard of cleanliness and sanitation and associated documentation.
* Responsible for the preparation and implementation of protocols and procedures involving known infectious or potentially infectious agents.
* May be asked to perform postal handling required to support the company including, but not limited to, processing outgoing mail, sorting and delivery of incoming mail, and delivery of small packages.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May be required to work other shifts.
* Performs some work outside buildings in adverse weather conditions including snow removal.
* Occasional communication with other departments, outside vendors, contractors, and/or local municipalities regarding such things as bids, proposals, and walk-throughs.
* May have access to confidential information and must be able to maintain confidentiality.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED.
No prior experience required/prefer 1 year of experience
* Requires basic math aptitude.
* Works independently and is capable of making routine decisions.
* Ability to inspect own work for accuracy and adherence to policies.
* Ability to work effectively with other associates and contractors by using good interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
* Ability to learn and comply with new methods, processes, and policies.
* Ability to respond with a sense of urgency and work effectively and productively.
* Ability to learn to read building layouts and blueprints.
* Ability to work in high places using ladders or lifts, and to work in tight or confined spaces for extended periods of time.
* Ability to successfully complete training on biohazards and other regulatory requirements.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.