Posted on Aug. 9, 2017
Grey Snow Management (IOWA Tribe of Oklahoma) is currently seeking candidates for their Event Staff openings.
The Event Staff position is a part time position responsible for maintaining guest services, receiving monies for purchases and giving correct change, preparing and serving food products, inventory at the Concession Stand and other duties as needed to help with the event assigned. Ensures that all activities are performed accurately and efficiently in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and internal control standards.
***Interested candidates: For immediate consideration, please email your resume or apply online today! A full job description also available online. You will be linked to this position for quick, easy apply online, email address and our phone number for questions.
Benefits include: 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life. 75% paid medical for dependents/spouses. 6% 401K Match, LTD, STD and Aflac available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, maintaining an alert and professional posture at all times and all other components of customer service.
• Responsible for cash register operations, including accurately collecting and depositing money from selling concessions, tickets, merchandise or other items. Makes change and issues receipts to customers as needed.
• Completes any necessary paperwork.
• Prevents accidents and allows for the enjoyment of all patrons through the fair and consistent enforcement of policies.
• Cooperatively works with other staff to ensure a professional and enjoyable work environment.
• Proficiency in the use and operation of equipment including but not limited to the following: telephone, cash register, calculator, food vending machinery, general concession stand and kitchen equipment/appliances, cleaning equipment and general office equipment.
• Arrive to work on time and when scheduled.
• Operate enterprise vehicles as required.
Performs other duties as requested or required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
• Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
• Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
• Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
• Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Applicants must be 16 years of age or older. High School Diploma (or GED) is desired, but not necessary. Previous food service is preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma operates a drug-free workplace. The selected applicant must submit to and pass applicable drug test. Additionally, selected individual must be bondable and able to pass background check.