Posted on Sep. 21, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K, Flexible schedule
***Meet Our Hiring Managers in Person!
***Visit us on October 5th from 2:00pm to 7:00pm
***Click Apply Now for the location address
Manatee County Government is hiring Event Technician(s) to work during events held at the Bradenton Area Convention Center!
*WORK THAT MATTERS*
This position will work flexible schedules including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and occasional overnight shifts. The scheduled shifts are typically as follows:
AM SHIFT: 7am - 3pm
PM SHIFT: 3pm-11pm
Overnight Shift: 11pm-7am
• Assists with set-ups, tear-downs, and clean-up prior to, during, and at the end of events
• Will be trained to set up or build portable dance floors, stages/risers, basketball courts, telescopic seating, etc.
• May set up displays, conference rooms, etc.
• Assists in repair and replacement of portable lighting, sound, and electrical equipment used for events
• Communicates clearly, effectively, and tactfully including understanding and following instructions, procedures, etc.
• Works emergency situations (including extreme weather conditions) as required
• Performs routine janitorial duties - cleans restrooms, fixtures, check and stocks supplies, mops floors, vacuums, dusts, cleans windows, glass doors, etc.
• Maintains overall cleanliness of assigned facilities
• Verifies all lavatory installations are working and reports those in need of repair - makes minor repairs as needed
• Ability to carry up to 50 pounds alone, 100 pounds with assistance
• Working Indoors and Outdoors with ability to adapt to extreme temperatures, such as working in areas that are not climate controlled
• Performs other duties as requested
• Knowledge of work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with materials and equipment used in work performed
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to perform physical movements necessary for job assigned i.e. bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing, etc.
• Visual acuity and ability to identify colors i.e. color coded electrical wiring
• Sufficient hearing to be able to identify levels of sound necessary for working with sound equipment
• Must be 17 years of age or older
• Familiarity with small power tools and equipment used in set-ups and tear-downs associated with events
Performance review takes place after 90 days, which includes assessment for potential to advance to Event Technician II!
***Please Click ‘APPLY NOW’ for LOCATION DETAILS to Meet Our Recruiters and Submit your Resume Today!
***Thank you for your interest in Manatee County Government, and we look forward to meeting you on October 5th!