Posted on Sep. 22, 2016
The Event Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising assigned group business after it is booked by the sales and catering department, and through completion of the event or function, while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products and service levels. The Event Manager is also responsible for acting as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business. Manage sales and catering accounts to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. Report to Director of Sales and Marketing.
Thoughtfully dazzle all our guests with radiant service and unexpected surprises delivered with precise eloquence. The Event Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising assigned group business after it is booked by the sales and catering department, and through completion of the event or function, while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products and service levels. The Event Manager is also responsible for acting as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business. Manage sales and catering accounts to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. Report to Director of Sales and Marketing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Primary Requirements and Qualifications:
• Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations of group, catering, or in-house events.
• Ensure that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures and by collaborating with other employees/departments to ensure accuracy and smooth turnover from sales to service back to sales.
• Serves as liaison between the sales manager and client throughout the event process.
• Ensure each function set-up meets with client expectations through effective follow-up meetings and communications with appropriate staff members.
• Conduct on-site inspections.
• Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and clients to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events.
• Generate resumes, addendums, menus, Event Orders (EOs), sleeping room blocks as necessary.
• Create, review and revise rooming lists, VIP lists and Marriott Rewarding Events Program.
• Follow-up on turnover within 24 hours via telephone and within 3 days with written correspondence.
• Keep a pulse on attendee pick up, manage group room blocks where applicable and keep clients apprised of potential attrition and accurately maintain meeting space inventories.
• Understanding of group and catering forecasting, hotel revenue strategy, meeting room set-up types and capabilities, and sleeping room configurations and types. Knowledge in event technology (A/V) products, sales and services as well as F&B to assist client with menu planning and room set-up while working within the client budget.
• Ensure method of payment, credit card and or billing policies and procedures are upheld.
• Work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
• Leads pre- and post-con meetings to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Facilitates various meetings (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
• Recognize opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
• Knowledge of sales techniques in order to propose up-sell ideas to clients.
• Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
• Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests. Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed.
• Review menu/service with catering managers and executive or sous chef.
• Maintain up to date details on events and communicate to staff.
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
• Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group. Attain post-event feedback from client, report back to sales and catering. Respond to client complaints and requests in a timely manner and report back to sales and catering.
• Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
• Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts. Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
• Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
• Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
• Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
• Use property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
• Meet and greet onsite contacts.
• Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
Full Job Description is available upon request.