Posted on Jul. 14, 2017
The Collision Center Estimator/Advisor is responsible for generating the gross sales of the store. S/he must have knowledge of the estimating/claims processes and must have negotiating, sales and communication skills. S/he must have a positive attitude with customers, insurance representatives and employees, and must portray a professional business image.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. ASE or ICAR certification or begin process to obtain within six (6) months of employment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate (both verbal and written) with other Collision Center personnel, customers, and insurance company representatives
2. Strong reading and writing skills, including an ability to read and analyze repair estimates, prepare written estimates, and prepare and/or respond to written communications to/from customers, insurance company representatives, or other business entities
3. Good mathematical skills and accuracy, and knowledge of estimating process
4. Strong analytical skills
5. Strong organizational skills, including ability to schedule work with other Collision Center personnel, coordinate necessary work with customers and insurance companies, and organize the collection of monies due for work performed
6. Knowledge of automobile body repair and refinishing
7. Knowledge of automobile mechanics
8. Ability to access vehicles to generate estimates, monitor repairs, and perform quality control inspections
9. Ability to stand for six to eight hours per shift
Relationship to Other Positions (Organizational Structure):
1. Reports to Collision Center Manager, Production Manager and Assistant Production Manager
2. Interacts on a daily basis with other Collision Center personnel (i.e., Frame person, Body person, Painter)
Essential Job Functions:
1. Greet customers and insurance company representatives courteously
2. Initiate and complete repair estimates
3. Inspect damaged vehicles and prepare written estimates of costs to repair and paint said vehicles to specified condition
4. Coordinate scheduling of work with other Collision Center personnel
5. Coordinate authorization to perform work and completion of work with customer and applicable insurance company
6. Perform quality control on all repairs.
7. Inspect and deliver or confirm the restored vehicle has been delivered to customers
8. Secure collection of monies due to Collision Center from customers and applicable insurance companies
9. Must be punctual in attendance
10. Must be present during normal hours of operation or as directed by management
11. Perform any other duties that are deemed essential to fulfill the functions of the position or assigned.
1. Must adhere to all company policies and Collision Center rules
2. Assist other Collision Center personnel as needed
3. Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations
4. Attend ongoing training as required
5. Maintain a professional appearance and/or wear Gunn attire
6. Comply with other job-related instructions and perform any other duties that, in the opinion of his/her supervisor, are reasonably related to his/her primary job responsibilities, required to assist other employees, or compliment Gunn's efforts generally
7. Ability to operate vehicles (automatic and standard transmissions) only if this is a duty assigned to the individual.
8. Road testing may be assigned to individuals to perform quality control and this may be as a passenger or as a driver as assigned.
Equipment and Materials Used:
1. Collision Center estimating programs/manuals
5. Fax Machine
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The Collision Center Estimator/Advisor will spend at least six (6) to eight (8) hours per shift moving throughout the Collision Center. S/he will access vehicles to generate estimates, monitor repairs, and perform quality control. S/he may be required to transport a minimum of twenty-five (25) pounds when moving materials or supplies. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, paint, dust, exhaust fumes and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
Visit us on 7/25/2017 from 10a to 2p.
Click Apply now for the location address.