Posted on Oct. 11, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Mid-State Machine and Fabrication Corp is looking for an Estimator!
We are a steel fabrication and machine shop that has been in business for over 35 years in Lakeland, FL. We are expanding our commercial construction division and we are looking for a Project Estimator who will be responsible for compiling competitive yet profitable bids for steel fabrication in the commercial construction industry.
Estimator Job Duties:
• Reviews, plans and determines viability and profitability of potential construction projects.
• Orders hardcopy construction plans for estimation.
• Identifies labor, material, and time requirements from construction plans and related documentation.
• Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
• Presents prepared estimate by combining numerical data and descriptive information in a clear, concise proposal.
• Maintains company’s proprietary cost database by entering and backing-up data.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending project walk-throughs and interfacing with client.
• Reviews scope of work with client prior to contract execution.
Estimator Skills and Qualifications:
• Well versed in reading and interpreting various construction plans.
• Organized with a high attention to detail.
• Can work with little supervision to complete estimate by specified deadlines.
• Able to complete material.
• Trained in any material takeoff software.
• Experience with Steel Fabrication
Job Type: Full-time
Salary - depends on experience
Job Location - Lakeland, FL 33810
Required experience - Estimating: 2 years
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume today, and thank you for your interest in Mid-State Machine!