Posted on May. 10, 2017
Equipment Inbound Operator
Spectrum Brands • Edgerton, KS
Spectrum Brands\ Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division is opening a new Central Fulfillment Center in Edgerton.
Our team enjoys benefits effective day 1, competitive wages, $.50 increase after 90 days, 2nd and 3rd shift differentials, $100 voucher for steel toed boots, quarterly attendance incentive, employee referral awards and MORE!
As an equipment operator you will cycle count, receive, put away, replenish and pick Spectrum Brands product. As a Spectrum Brands employee, you must ensure compliance with all safety policies, housekeeping rules, OSHA standards/regulations and Spectrum Brands, HHI policies and procedures. You will be a vital part of the Inbound/Outbound/Replenishment/Inventory team so attendance is extremely important as well as collaborating between departments especially Inventory.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Cycle Count/Receiving/Putaway/Replenishing/Picking (70%)
• Participate in training for Hazmat, equipment, and safety procedures.
• Ensure products are stocked and fronted according to planograms and keeps aisles clear and neat.
• Care for DC equipment by refueling and charging when necessary.
• Notify Department Manager/supervisor/lead when products in box do not match box description and records what was received versus what is missing.
Education and Experience Profile:
• High school diploma and equivalent experience required.
• General knowledge of distribution center layout.
• 1 - 2 years of experience in a warehouse, distribution or logistics business operation.
• Knowledge of key warehouse functions (i.e. Receiving, Inventory Management, Order Processing, Replenishment, and Shipping).
• Broad knowledge of methods and procedures in the various distribution center functions.
• Familiarity with product by catalog number and handling characteristics.
• Familiar with WMS functionality..
• Must be able to perform without specific daily direction.
• Demonstrate organizational and skills.
• Must have the ability and willingness to work collaboratively with other people and departments.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the business.
• Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and results oriented individual.
• No written warnings/documentation within the last 6 months (internal candidates).
• No Safety infractions/incidents within the last 6 months (internal candidates).
• Must be licensed equipment operator
• Lifts 26-40 pounds without assistance many times a day and also lifts 41-75 pounds without assistance daily. Additionally this role lifts 76-100 pounds with assistance daily.
• Safety Harness: The ability to wear the safety harness to perform job functions.
• Protective Equipment: The ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
• Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
• Proper Lifting Techniques: the ability to properly lift heavy objects or equipment. This includes the knowledge of correct bending and lifting techniques as needed to properly position and use one’s hands, feet, legs, arms, and back to lift objects or equipment, and to push, pull, and carry heavy objects.
• Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, other Spectrum Brands property or additional work areas.
• Hand-Eye Coordination: The ability to coordinate one’s eyes with one’s fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
• Visual Acuity: The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs, video displays including iPads) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
• Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick , accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand, one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
• Stamina: the ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long periods.
• Climbing: The ability to climb, work, and carry items up and down ladders.
• Work Conditions: The ability to perform job activities with appropriate intermittent relief where applicable, under difficult work conditions such as in extreme cold, heat, inclement weather, at heights, while exposed to constant/intermittent sounds.
• Tight Working Conditions: The willingness and ability to work in cramped/tight working conditions where mobility is restricted.
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment in a distribution center.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.