at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jun. 17, 2017
Working without significant direction, delivers and assists in the development of technical training and provides complex problem solving services Globally in either a field or headquarters environment for Regional Specialists, service partners, Field Service representatives and customers.
Primarily uses technical writing to create, format, and maintain all technical service manuals for global audience. Coordinates with technical communication department to transfer information in to content management system. Works with engineering, 3 rd tier field support, and departments to capture tribal knowledge and expand the systems descriptions and troubleshooting content. Reads technical design documents, schematics, and datasheets to create block diagrams of the device systems that reflect the written content. Works directly with technical trainer to coordinate service manual content with workshops. Some electronics, engineering, or technical service exposure is recommended.
If possible, uses knowledge/document/records management skills to capture and distribute service manual content along with other field service related documentation. Some exposure to web development or information architecture is a plus.
- Provides Global service support to company associates and customers.
- Delivers master level training for global associates and customers.
- Designs, develops, and delivers equipment service training programs.
- Works cross functionally to solve complex, escalated technical device service issues for resolution.
- Designs and develops service documentation (i.e. Spare part instructions and PM procedures).
- Logs information into call tracking systems. Submits product development supports requirements into I&D issue tracking database.
- Maintains tools used in training classes ensuring good working condition and calibration.
- Identifies, develops and releases new procedures for trouble-shooting field applications via Global Service messages.
- Develops electrical/mechanical/software based service tools used to service or support equipment.
- Writes procedures used to improve ease of use for equipment or spare parts.
- Implements equipment design changes into processes and training programs.
- Provides detailed input/feedback to the company to recommend changes in product design, manufacturing, quality, or any other aspect of the product or service.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Two year technical degree.
Minimum 2 years experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to use logical methods to identify and solve equipment problems.
- Desire to teach service training courses.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting computer hardware problems and performing computer diagnostics desirable.
- Knowledge and use of PC software applications and skills to use them effectively. -Or-
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
State: Colorado (US-CO)
Country: United States
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.