Posted on Mar. 15, 2017
Excellent Pay with Great Benefits!
Required Education, Experience or Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university, preferably in Physical Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Natural Resources or related field
• Native American preference is observed
• Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license with a good driving record and must be insurable.
• Must have reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
• 10 or more years of progressively responsible environmental control and program experience.
• Must have a strong understanding of the disciplines of public health, environment, math, and science.
• Must have experience with technical reports writing, grants writing, quality assurance documents, creating and managing budgets.
• Must have strong background in acceptable data collection techniques, data analysis, and research methods.
• Must have experience in environmental sampling and quality assurance and quality control procedures.
• Knowledge of applicable Federal laws and other regulations is required.
The EPA Director is responsible for managing the staff and technicians in the EPA Department.
The EPA Director is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of various environmental compliance programs and projects,
including the provision for the safe handling, monitoring, and disposal of environmentally sensitive materials.
Such methods include directing and participating in the programs and submitting grant proposals while ensuring department
goal requirements within time-periods and funding parameters, enhances existing program application, analyzes current procedures and
suggests new processes and program revisions.
The EPA Director prepares technical reports for review by the other departments or external agencies, assists with or personally makes technical
presentations and performs professional cost and value analyses in conjunction with development of project or programs.
The EPA Director may be required to manage hazardous material/waste operational activities.
Location: 2212 Rosita Valley Road, Eagle Pass Texas 78852.
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Flexibility:The employee may need to work nights, weekends, holidays and/or extended hours if required.
Traveling may necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas
Employment in this position is at will, which means that employment may be terminated at any time by the employer or employee without cause or notice.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level or work being performed by people assigned to this job title.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.