at IBC Bank
Posted on Feb. 23, 2018
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
IBC Bank is Now Hiring for an Entry Level Market Trainer for the Austin/Central Texas area.
Candidates for this position will be trained to teach all courses that fall within the probationary training plans – sales, teller and administrative personnel (see attached) and other related training classes as assigned by Corporate Training.
If you're an enthusiastic people-person that's looking for a new career opportunity come join our winning team! We'll train you for success.
Click "Apply Now" on this page to submit your resume today!
IBC offers a comprehensive benefits program to all full-time employees. Many of our benefits are also available for our part time employees.
• Medical Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Basic Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Medical Spending Account
• Child Care Spending Account
• Profit Sharing
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Computer Assistance Purchase Program
• Sick Leave
Does this sound like the career for you? Click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume and letter of interest immediately.
IBC Bank - We Do More!
With 204 facilities and more than 309 ATMs serving 88 communities throughout Texas and Oklahoma, IBC offers excellent opportunities for individuals seeking long-term career growth and advancement. IBC is an award-winning employer providing some of the best employee benefits in the industry. Our dedications to diversity, professional development and community involvement build the perfect environment in which to grow and excel.
EEO/Affirmative Action employer
Experience requirementsRetail Bank experience, past trainer or teaching experience in a different industry is preferred.
QualificationsStrong working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office program with an emphasis on Word, Power Point and Excel is required.
Skills Facilitation Skills - Effective facilitation and assessment skills
· Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem solving and
· Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are
saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
· Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
· Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
· Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
· Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
· Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional
methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when
learning or teaching new things.
· Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing,
and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for
· Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and
understanding why they react as they do.
· Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of
· Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for
the needs of the audience.