Posted on Aug. 11, 2017
QUICK APPLY NOW
Tampa Bay Water is seeking an entry level Instrumentation & Control Technician responsible for supporting the maintenance, inspection, testing and calibration of Agency equipment to ensure production of quality water.
This position will report primarily within our southern region.
Employees in this position have the knowledge, skills and abilities to maintain and program programmable logic controllers; maintain, inspect, test and calibrate flow meters, generators, uninterruptible power supplies, variable frequency drives, chemical gas sensors, and chemical feed systems. This position is a critical component of the team that maintains the Agency’s Supervisory Controlled and Data Acquisition (SCADA) network.
In addition, the Instrumentation & Control Technician will:
• Inspect, test, maintain, repair and calibrate UPS systems, generator backup power systems, gas sensors, flow meters, critical process controllers, and other Agency equipment.
• Program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) equipment
• Program, configure and troubleshoot of instrumentation communications
• Operate advanced test equipment such as Ultrasonic Flow Meters, Optical Time Domain Reflectometer, oscilloscope, Thermographic imaging camera, power analyzer and other specialized test equipment
• Install upgrades and enhancements to the Agency’s automation systems
• Document changes made to equipment
• Coordinate with the SCADA Administrator on changes to the SCADA system
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair the Agency SCADA system
• Follow safety regulations, and government regulatory requirements concerning Agency equipment
• Supervise contractors/vendors performing related technical work
• Use Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) to document work effort
• Assist in developing specifications for agency equipment
• Complete work according to guidelines provided by the Scheduler/Planner
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Work in the field and be willing to assist with mechanical work
• Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
(Minimum - Midpoint): $17.84 per hour (Annualized $37,117) to $23.64 (Annualize $49,180) Actual salary will be commensurate with experience.