Posted on Aug. 11, 2017
$17.84– $23.64 Hourly
QUICK APPLY NOW
Tampa Bay Water is seeking an entry level Instrumentation & Control Technician responsible for supporting the maintenance, inspection, testing and calibration of Agency equipment to ensure production of quality water.
This position will report primarily within our southern region.
Employees in this position have the knowledge, skills and abilities to maintain and program programmable logic controllers; maintain, inspect, test and calibrate flow meters, generators, uninterruptible power supplies, variable frequency drives, chemical gas sensors, and chemical feed systems. This position is a critical component of the team that maintains the Agency’s Supervisory Controlled and Data Acquisition (SCADA) network.
In addition, the Instrumentation & Control Technician will:
• Inspect, test, maintain, repair and calibrate UPS systems, generator backup power systems, gas sensors, flow meters, critical process controllers, and other Agency equipment.
• Program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) equipment
• Program, configure and troubleshoot of instrumentation communications
• Operate advanced test equipment such as Ultrasonic Flow Meters, Optical Time Domain Reflectometer, oscilloscope, Thermographic imaging camera, power analyzer and other specialized test equipment
• Install upgrades and enhancements to the Agency’s automation systems
• Document changes made to equipment
• Coordinate with the SCADA Administrator on changes to the SCADA system
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair the Agency SCADA system
• Follow safety regulations, and government regulatory requirements concerning Agency equipment
• Supervise contractors/vendors performing related technical work
• Use Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) to document work effort
• Assist in developing specifications for agency equipment
• Complete work according to guidelines provided by the Scheduler/Planner
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Work in the field and be willing to assist with mechanical work
• Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
(Minimum - Midpoint): $17.84 per hour (Annualized $37,117) to $23.64 (Annualize $49,180) Actual salary will be commensurate with experience.
Education requirements• High school diploma or GED
• Two year Associates/vocational/technical degree in electronics, computer science, or equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
Experience requirementsThis is an entry level position. Applicants must be willing to learn and undergo required training.
• Experience programming Allen Bradley, Modicon or Automation Direct logic controllers and discrete process controllers considered a plus.
• Experience with water utility instrumentation, motor controls, AutoCAD, serial communications, basic networking and ladder logic considered a plus.
• Must have knowledge in basic electrical and electronic (analog and digital) circuits, test and safety equipment.
• Additional certification/training or an advanced degree may substitute for a portion of the required experience.
Qualifications• Valid Florida Driver’s License with clean driving record.
Ultrasonic flow meter testing certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
• Disaster Service Worker: Employees of Tampa Bay Water are, by State and Federal law, Disaster Service Workers. In the event of a declaration of emergency, any employee may be assigned activities that promote the protection of public health and safety or the preservation of lives and property, either at the Agency or within the local or their own community.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
QUICK APPLY NOW