Posted on Nov. 17, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
** Now Offering Sign On Bonus of $1,500 **
Ledgemere Transportation, a division of Student Transportation Of America is Now Hiring!
Student Transportation Inc. is North America’s largest independent provider of school bus transportation services, operating more than 13,000 vehicles in over 360 school districts. Student Transportation Inc. is a growing family of local companies committed to providing the highest level of safe, reliable and cost-effective student transportation.
We offer exciting career opportunities for transportation professionals, with unique and exceptional part-time jobs for people who enjoy making a difference in children's lives. We strongly believe the cycle of success starts with treating employees well, and we do that by creating a sense of family, pride and empowerment, to foster employees that are happy and who deliver reliable, safe, on-time service.
With our number one focus being on safety, Student Transportation Inc. offers a professional work environment, flexible schedules, competitive wages, group medical plans and outstanding opportunities for growth and promotion.
We are currently hiring school bus drivers for various assignments across the country. Free training is available for those who want to become professional school bus drivers, including preparation for your written CDL exam, road evaluations, and classroom and additional behind-the-wheel instruction.
We are looking for School Bus Drivers in York Maine.
• On The Job Training
• No Experience Necessary
• Exceptional CDL Training Program
• Attendance and Hiring Bonus
• Youngest Fleet in the Industry
• Cutting Edge Facilities
The STA Difference:
• Competitive Wages
• Experienced Drivers Receive Wage Consideration For Previous Service
• Flexible Schedule
• Charter and Extracurricular Trips Available
• Paid Benefits
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Options Available
• Direct Deposit
• Sick Days
This is a great job for stay at home parents, retirees and anybody looking for extra income!
More about the Company:
We operate school buses across the continent as Student Transportation of America (STA), as Student Transportation of Canada (STC), or as one of over twenty local operating names that have been fixtures in their local communities before joining the Student Transportation family.
Our local operations are managed by highly-qualified, experienced national and regional teams of transportation experts who average more than 25 years of experience in the industry.
We combine the best of both worlds, bringing national economies of scale to local operations.
Education requirements• High School Diploma
• Certificate of training in first aid and CPR if required by contract
Qualifications• Current report of Driver Physical Examination
• Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of assigned vehicles. May include extra equipment such as wheelchair lifts, and air brakes under all road and weather conditions.
Responsibilities• Conduct Pre-Trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe Operation
• Drive a school bus route - picking up and dropping off student passengers at established stops on route
• Conduct post-trip vehicle inspections
• Attend and participate in safety meetings
• Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and positive company image
• As requested or desired take field Trip, activity and charter Runs to transport Student and Other Passengers to and From their destinations
Work hours• Morning and afternoon and average 20-30 hours per week
Please provide answers to the following questions in the "Paste text or Resume box"
1) Are you over the age of 21?: Yes/no
2) Do you have a valid driver's license?: Yes/no
3) Do you have at least 3 years personal driving experience? Y/N
4) How many years of school bus driving experience?: Yes/no
5) Do you have a school bus certificate? (NH Only): Yes/no
6) Do you have a school bus license, S & P endorsements? Yes/no
7) Which class of license do you hold?: CDL A B or C
8) Do you have a medical condition that may disqualify you from
driving a school bus? (Epilepsy, Diabetes, High blood
9) Are you currently on probation or parole?: Yes/no
10) Have you EVER had your driver's license suspended or
11) Have you EVER had a conviction for an offense involving drugs
or alcohol?: Yes/no
12) Have you EVER had a conviction for a felony?: Yes/no
13) Have you EVER had a conviction for DUI (driving under the
influence) or a DWI (driving while intoxicated)?: Yes/no
14) Have you had more than 2 moving violations in the past 3
15) Have you had a preventable motor vehicle accident within the
past 3 years?: Yes/no