Posted on Jul. 27, 2016
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking an On call Engineer I to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Engineer I will work closely with all hotel departments. The ideal candidate will perform trade specific repair and maintenance operations within the specific area of expertise. General Maintenance of buildings and grounds and completion of maintenance requests. Engineer I is responsible for mechanical systems incl. laundry and kitchens.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
* Performs work requiring the specialized skills of at least one of the following trades: electrical, plumbing,
* HV AC/refrigeration, kitchen/laundry , carpentry, paint/wall covers, locksmith, in addition to performing other I general maintenance duties.
* Responsible for all maintenance for the primary trade, area of expertise
* Provides supervision and training to subordinate engineering positions I
* Responds to trouble/complaint/maintenance request calls throughout the hotel and grounds when directed to do so by supervisor
* May work with hazardous materials and chemicals in the performance of duty
* Uses tools, equipment, materials and chemicals safely and efficiently according to manufacturers instructions/MSDS requirements
* Checks clipboard and Maintenance Requests lists, daily for work assignments, at the beginning of and throughout each shift
* Communicates status of job assignments and maintenance requests to supervisor
* Notifies supervisor/dispatcher as required upon completion of work assignment I
* Completes appropriate records associated with work performed
* Makes minor repairs to equipment brought into the shop
* May assist in performing the duties of dispatcher as needed
* May assist/perform minor set -up duties for functions throughout the hotel and grounds
* Is completely familiar with Hotel Emergency procedures and able to respond quickly and accurately during any emergency situation that may arise
* Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or its equivalent preferred
* Post high school training in engineering/maintenance related discipline
* Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
* Strong mechanical background with minimum 2 years hands on experience in maintenance related activity, requiring journey level responsibility. Hospitality preferred
* Ability to bend, stoop, and lift ( up to 75 lbs.) repetitively
* Ability to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays
* Must be guest oriented and Posses excellent hospitality skills.