Posted on Oct. 12, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth is expanding and adding professional positions in an effort to serve our community by empowering people with disabilities, disadvantages and barriers to employment. If you are motivated and interested in making an impact in the community that we serve, this could be an opportunity for you, come and join our Team!
Now seeking an Employment Specialist / Case Manager for the Goodwill Works program in Fort Worth, TX.
Dependent on Experience
8:00 A.M. thru 4:30 P.M., Monday thru Friday
• Company paid basic term life
• Paid time off
• Voluntary medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
• Provides employment and follow-up retention services to clients with disabilities and multiple barriers to employment.
• Assist client with identifying employment goals, resume writing, employment applications, interviewing skills, job search and job retention strategies; transportation; counseling, coaching and redirection to ensure progress and goals are met.
• Meet monthly program placement target outcomes (minimum placement goal of 20 clients monthly).
• Develop employer relationships thru cold calling, attending job fairs, and maintain current knowledge of community resources thru research and attendance at community meetings.
• Develop partnership with other community social services agencies to provide comprehensive services to clients.
• Maintain current and accurate case files, program records/reports ensuring confidentiality, and timeliness.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with clients, employers, community partner agencies, and staff.
• Attend DARS required training and credentialing sessions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree required.
• Two (2) years of experience in each of the following: management/supervision, working with disabled and disadvantaged clients with multiple barriers to employment, and in job development.
• Able to meet established program’s performance metrics through multi-tasking, working with a sense of urgency, or at a fast-paced, in order to achieve program’s required performance outcomes.
• Requires excellent interpersonal communication, office administrative, and strong case management skills, with attentiveness to details.
• Able to motivate individuals with disabilities and employment barriers.
• Approximately 50% of time may be in an office environment, with remaining time working with clients, and attending outside community meetings, job fairs, and other events as related to job responsibilities; facilitate clients’ trips to employers in company’s van; able to provide own transportation to off-site facilities.
• Ability to access file cabinets, office equipment, stoop, lift, twist, bend, etc., in the process of performing job functions.
• Must have communication capabilities via cell phone and/or Smartphone technology.
• Bilingual preferred.
Valid State Driver License/ID, background check, and drug screen. Must meet TXDARS staff requirements.
Please submit your information through "Quick Apply."