Posted on Nov. 28, 2016
Goodwill is seeking an Employment Consultant - Specialist.
Assesses individual’s appropriateness and preparedness for employment by administering various types of evaluations, some in community situations. Develops appropriate job match, trains job skills, gradually fades as service recipient acquires the skills necessary to perform the job, and then provides job retention services as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Conducts interviews, reviews documentation, and provides situational assessments to determine strengths and needs of individual as it relates to community employment.
• Assesses the individual’s needs in the job search process and provides the needed support. May include completion/review of applications, networking with prospective employers, coaching/attending interviews, and assisting with any pre-employment paperwork or online application process.
• Models the job obtained for the individual, using the precise techniques required by the employer.
• Ensures that employer quality and quantity standards are maintained by fully training the individual to perform all aspects of the job. Provides on-the-job support until independence is achieved by the individual on the job.
• Provides positive reinforcement for positive behavior and promotes social integration, worker socialization, proper communication skills, and positive work attitudes.
• Completes documentation of individual’s performance towards completion of goals, monthly reports to referral/funding source, vocational assessments of individuals served, and incident/accident reports as necessary.
• Markets training program to potential employers, pointing out how the program can benefit the business.
• Completes job training and in-service training as determined by the company and the funding source requirements.
• Provides quality assurance for service recipient files, making certain that all pertinent documentation is in the files following index guidelines.
• Completes data entry in ServiceTrak and the funding website database, as required.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
• Maintains current certification in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR if required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Attends team meetings in the capacity of the vocational professional and reports on progress of service recipients, as well as plans for future service needs.
• May transport individual served to and from potential employer for the purpose of job application, interview, or situational assessment.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school graduate with ability to pass required competency-based training.
SPECIAL CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license, with a good driving record.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation, including current automobile insurance inspection, and license plate.
• Must be eligible for a positive outcome on required State of Oklahoma criminal conviction background check.
• Must maintain Goodwill’s Drug-Free Workplace.
• Must maintain us of current cell phone.
Interested candidates can apply in person or for immediate attention you can send your resume via "Quick Apply."