Posted on Dec. 5, 2017
$13.00– $15.00 Hourly
***APPLY ONLINE TODAY***
Please take the time to go online and complete the G4S online application. Online application process takes approximately 1 hour to complete. All candidates MUST complete the online application before they will be considered for this position. See below for details.
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has immediate job opportunities for Emergency Response Officers.
EXCELLENT PAY, BONUSES, & BENEFITS!
EARN a $250 sign on bonus after completion of On The Job Training
EARN an additional $250 retention bonus after 3 months
EARN an additional $500 retention bonus after 6 months
EARN an additional $500 retention bonus after 12 months
Earning potential of up to $1,500 after completion of 12 months
As an Emergency Response Officer, you will conduct unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrols (interior and exterior), control access and egress, monitor CCTV and alarm systems. This position will also compose reports, deter criminal activity and misconduct and perform other duties as specified in post orders. Additionally, as Emergency Response Officer you will be responsible for providing assistance during fire, medical, hazardous material, and security related incidents.
The Emergency Response Officer will be trained to control and extinguish fires, rescue people endangered by fire, and reduce or eliminate potential fire hazards. You will respond to confined space incidents, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), and hazardous material incidents. Your duties will also include Fire and Life Safety Inspections to ensure the facility is compliant with all State, Local and National Fire Protection Act (NFPA) Codes and Standards.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
Education requirements• Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
• Post offer, must be willing and able to pass training for the following: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), 7.7 certification (Basic Firefighting certificate), Fire Certifications I & II.
Experience requirements• Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
• Must possess a current and valid driver's license
Qualifications• Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
• Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
• Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
• Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
• Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
• Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
• Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Active listening skills
• Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
• Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
• Attention to detail
Responsibilities• Conduct foot and/or vehicle patrols
• Monitor CCTV and alarm systems
• Investigate incidents and compose reports
• Sound alarms or call police or fire departments in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
• Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles
• Control and extinguish fires
• Respond to fire, medical and other emergencies; perform rescue-related activities
• Reduce or eliminate potential fire or safety hazards
• Respond to confined space incidents, EMS and hazardous material incidents
• Conduct inspections per schedule
• Maintain fire protection systems, fire equipment, fire pumps/systems, and hydrants
• Conduct Fire and Life Safety Inspections
Work hours• Various Shifts Available
***APPLY ONLINE TODAY***
Please take the time to go online and complete the G4S online application. Online application process takes approximately 1 hour to complete. All candidates MUST complete the online application before they will be considered for this position.
TO APPLY ONLINE: Fill out the 'Quick Apply' form and select 'Apply Now'. At the top of the page there will be a link called “employer’s career website”. Select this link and apply directly on G4S career page for this position. Call us if you have challenges with the application process.
We look forward to your online application. We will contact you once this is received.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace