Posted on Nov. 18, 2016
• Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
• Visit us on December 6th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Click ‘Apply’ now for the location address.
Non-standard hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Job Location (Subject to Change)
Ybor City/Tampa area**
Perform trainee duties of receiving 911 calls, assessing the calls, recording information, and redirecting the call to an appropriate agency or a Sheriff's dispatcher. Trainees must obtain a valid State of Florida 9-1-1 Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification during the initial probationary period.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
Note: Incumbents function in a trainee capacity to gain proficiency in the duties listed below and become eligible for promotion to Emergency Call Taker.
• Receive 911 calls, quickly and calmly assess the situation, enter information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system for law enforcement dispatch, and/or redirect them to specific or alternate emergency responding agencies or departments.
• Connect conference calls involving two or more parties to render timely emergency assistance and initiate emergency callbacks to obtain additional information or to follow-up on disconnected calls.
• Create reports to identify incorrect location information received through the Automatic Location Information system in order to initiate corrective actions.
• Pinpoint the location of emergency/non-emergency calls initiated from landlines or cellular phones using a Global Positioning System (GPS).
• Research local, state, and federal law enforcement databases when information dictates or when requested to verify outstanding warrants, location history information, and other information and provide the information to the responding officer prior to arriving at the emergency location.
• Type memoranda and reports and duplicate or edit emergency call recordings in response to court subpoenas and public records requests; may be required to testify in court in order to provide an accurate account of information received from emergency/non-emergency calls for assistance.
• Maintain records and reports including shift reports and operational logs.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Note: To be acquired during the training period.
• Some knowledge of 911 system, effective communication techniques, audio communication equipment operation, and law enforcement terminology.
• Some knowledge of Agency policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Some knowledge of computerized mapping systems and related software use and application.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and controlled manner.
• Ability to accurately assess emergency information and make correct decisions.
• Ability to operate computerized telephone equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to follow oral and written instruction and to follow established procedures.
• Ability to work under stressful conditions and maintain confidential information.
• Ability to accurately sort, file, and retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical, or chronological systems.
• Willingness to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Willingness to perform duties at temporary emergency command centers and locations during periods of local, state, and national emergencies.
Note: Applicants must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered minimally qualified for the job.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and
Possession of a valid Driver License; and
A passing score on emergency call taker pre-employment testing.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS are listed on our website.
We look forward to meeting you!
Please click 'Apply' for location or submit a resume!