Posted on Jun. 18, 2017
ELEVATOR CONSTRUCTOR APPRENTICE
The International Union of Elevator Constructors Local # 131 Joint Apprenticeship Program (based in Albuquerque) will be accepting applications.
• Responsible for assisting in the installation, maintenance and repair of the passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters and moving sidewalks under the direction of a Mechanic.
• Manually loads, unloads and moves materials, equipment and tools from vehicles to work areas. Requires lifting parts weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Manually cleans elevator car tops, machine rooms, pits, rails, and hoistways within non-controlled climate field setting.
• Manually paints machine rooms and pit.
• Uses periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to assist Mechanic in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations. Requires following written or verbal directions of mechanic and/or field superintendent. Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
• Maintains elevator lighting fixtures.
• Visually and audibly monitors equipment operation to determine faulty functioning. Requires ability to withstand heights and cramped working conditions.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Call today for more information (Click "Apply Now" on this page for mailing address or phone number).
Applications will be accepted only during specified times at:
IUEC Local #131
A photo I.D. must be presented and a copy provided during the application process as well as a copy of a H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
Applicants must be 18 years of age to apply, submit a copy of a valid I.D. and provide an original copy of a H.S. Diploma, or H.S. Transcript, or GED, pass an entrance exam and sit for an interview.
Note: There is a $25 fee for each testing applicant. The exam will be administered at a later date.
The Elevator Constructors are an Equal Opportunity Employer.