Posted on Oct. 10, 2016
Teacher –EARLY CHILDHOOD/KINDERGARTEN SPECIAL EDUCATION
Division: Licensed Personnel
Terms of Employment: 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
This is a salaried position assigned to the Clark County School District (CCSD) Teacher Salary Schedule.
POSITION SUMMARY: The teacher will implement into daily instruction appropriate educational curriculum based on the
Nevada State Standards (Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten) and the CCSD Curriculum Essentials Framework (CEF).
The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports
school and district programs and goals. This teacher will serve as teacher of record for students with disabilities. This
person will be expected to adhere to the CCSD Professional Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and report
directly to the school site administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administer appropriate district curriculum which is aligned with the Nevada State Standards.
2. Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional
4. Develop and implement the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
6. Provide a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develop a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Work professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and community.
10. Integrate technology into the instructional program.
11. Implement and act as teacher of record of the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for students with disabilities.
12. Implement district adopted reporting system for the Early Childhood outcomes.
13. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide specially designed instruction to students with disabilities.
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members.
3. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the
needs of all students.
6. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy.
8. Collaborate with appropriate staff on the development of present levels, goals and benchmarks, and attends IEP
9. Maintain and improve professional competence.
10. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
11. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by administrator.
2 of 2
Education and Training:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications:
1. Must possess, or be able to acquire, a Nevada Educational License issued by the Nevada Department of
2. Must hold, or be able to hold, an endorsement in Early Childhood Special Education.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the
appropriate position vacancy announcement as well as the job description.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, or national origin.
Apply online. See apply method, click on "APPLY NOW" for website address and to complete application process.