Posted on Apr. 28, 2017
The Driver (Non-CDL) operates vehicles that do not require commercial driver’s license. This position will operate company vehicles or equipment in compliance with all governmental
regulations pertaining to trucking and waste operations and will provide courteous, professional service to all customers.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Report to work at designated time in company uniform and with required personal protective equipment.
2. Deliver site service units to customer sites.
3. Perform janitorial services on site service units and holding tanks, including unit cleaning and re-stocking.
4. Operate the truck or equipment assigned by the management team, which may make temporary substitutions during breakdowns or to fulfill regular routes or the needs of the department.
5. Perform pre-trip inspections to ensure that the assigned truck is fully-fueled, is safe and legal to operate, and that required paperwork is onboard before leaving the yard.
6. Driver is responsible for, and required to track, personal DOT compliance (i.e. daily hours of service and log requirements) and to report immediately to supervisor if at risk of being out of
7. Perform and complete the work as outlined in company routing software and document changes, identify problems (using company provided camera and/or note on the route sheet), etc.
8. Perform post-trip truck inspection, make sure the cab is clean and the Vehicle Condition Report is turned in.
9. Help maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating professionally with customers, clients, co-workers and the management team.
10. Work and drive productively and safely and behave in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
11. Must be available for scheduled shifts, including holidays and weekends.
12. Maintain waste manifests, where required, ensuring compliance with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) regulations and in accordance with company policy.
13. Must report any moving violations or safety incidents incurred during work hours to the supervisor and Safety Department by the end of the shift.
14. Responsible for maintaining a valid Medical Card and a valid Driver’s License.
15. May be required to drive a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) not to exceed 26,000 pounds.
16. Must operate vehicle (including unloading, as appropriate) in a way that ensures compliance with DOT weight restrictions.
17. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Six months of related truck driving experience and/or specialized training;
2. Excellent truck driving skills;
3. Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision;
4. Ability to perform basic math functions;
5. Ability to work flexible hours based on route and event schedules;
6. Proof of up-to- date Hepatitis B vaccination or willingness to get one; and
7. Must be able to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
1. Valid class C driver’s license
2. Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations
3. Valid Medical Card or the ability to obtain one
**Click Quick Apply Now to submit your resume**