Posted on Mar. 14, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
McLane Food Service
Currently Seeking Driver Helper
This position is responsible for assisting the Driver in every aspect of product delivery to customer stores in an efficient and safe manner by following all company procedures and best practices. The Driver Helper directly impacts the business through their attention to safety, detail, and quality customer service skills.
A teammate in this position must:
• Unload products at customer locations and place in appropriate areas, as directed by the customer/driver (i.e.: freezer, cooler or dry storage area).
• Complete delivery documentation according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of credits, shorts, etc.
• Accurately complete wage sheets according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of payroll data.
• Properly use of delivery equipment such as ramps, load-locks, straps, and hand trucks to ensure safety and minimal product damage.
• Perform any other duties as necessary.
• Assist Delivery Driver with pre-trip and post-trip safety inspection following Department of Transportation (DOT) and McLane Company requirements.
• Act as a spotter for the delivery driver when parking at client locations.
• Have a High School diploma.
• Have warehouse experience helpful.
• Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
• Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, helpers, and customers.
• Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Interested applicants click on Apply Now and fill out application on McLane Food Service Website (Job ID: 12552).