at We Are Blood
Posted on Jul. 9, 2018
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting patient needs for allograft tissue. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries and what drives us to provide bereavement support to assist donor families during their grief.
We are currently hiring a Donor Program Development Liaison to generate, implement, maintain and evaluate donation strategies to develop new referral sources (such as hospitals, hospice, EMS, JPs, etc.) and increase referral volume in current and surrounding donation service area.
• Identify, secure and maintain new hospital referral sources.
• Facilitate the execution of contracts with new hospital referral sources.
• Identify, secure and maintain referral sources including, but not limited to out of hospital partners such as Justices of the Peace, Medical Examiners and Private Pathologists, funeral homes, hospice facilities, long term care facilities, law enforcement and emergency medical, fire and rescue organizations to ensure all donation opportunities are referred to United Tissue Resources.
• Develop and facilitate the execution of Memorandums of Agreement (MOUs) with all out of hospital referral partners, when applicable.
• Serve as liaison between UTR and out of hospital donation partners and conduct routine visits to develop productive relationships and provide customer service and education. Respond to individual partner needs and share mutual feedback.
• Perform assessments and generate statistical reports for all out of hospital referral partners. Develop and implement written plans to facilitate opportunities for improvement.
• Plan, develop and implement education programs and recognition opportunities for out of hospital donation partners.
• Follow up with out of hospital referral partners following donor recovery to ensure quality of service, communication and recovery processes.
• Participate in UTR special functions and community events.
• Meet at least annually with Texas Funeral Home Association to maintain presence within the funeral home community.
• Travel throughout assigned territory on average 3 days per week in order to meet and engage with out of hospital donation partners.
• Partner with the Donor Services Representative to maintain effective customer relationships and cohesive resources and materials, customer service and education to all donation partners.
• Provide a high level of customer service through timely and ongoing communication, presence and visibility.
• Maintain and manage accurate, up to date account profiles on all out of hospital referral partners.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or health care field.
• Must be a CTBS certified or test for CTBS at next available exam cycle.
• Prefer at least 3 years of customer service or community outreach experience in a medical related field.
• Experience in organ, tissue or eye donation is strongly preferred.
• Must exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
• Requires excellent organization skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, required.
• Strong public speaking skills required.
• Requires operating knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Texas driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and proof of insurance. Must have reliable transportation.
• Travel is essential to this position and must be able to travel regularly throughout the assigned territory.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Please submit your resume for review to email@example.com or Fax it to (512) 206-1261.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our list of other employment opportunities at www.unitedtissueresources.org/careers/ to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled