Posted on Aug. 25, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it! We are hiring a Donor Engagement Manager for our Community Engagement department.
This position is responsible for developing and managing all strategies to meet We Are Blood’s blood product collection goals, and for meeting those goals in a fast paced dynamic environment, while also building relationships in the community to grow awareness of and engagement with We Are Blood
• Manage a team of Account Managers responsible for community partnerships, booking mobile blood drives and donor center based blood drives.
• Ensuring Account Manager metrics are reached, assign accounts, territories, train, motivate, assess & document performance, productivity and attendance.
• Achieve We Are Blood’s daily, monthly and annual blood product collection goals.
• Develop We Are Blood’s current partnerships, including blood drive coordinator relationships, and identify new potential partners that are a good strategic fit.
• Manage new donor recruitment account evaluation and proposal development.
• Manage the donor engagement budget including third party vendor relationships and contracts. Responsible for budget outcomes for areas of responsibility.
• Ensure all community partners and donors are properly stewarded and thanked.
• Collaborate with other members of the community engagement team around donor communications, donor stewardship, and donor outreach.
• Collaborate with other departments including the hospital and technical services team (responsible for ensuring our hospitals have the blood products and resources needed) and the donor services team (responsible for collecting all blood products) to ensure the organization has the needed blood products and types when patients need them most.
• Maintain and analyze records of collection efforts and contacts reporting on We Are Blood’s collections for other departments and organization leadership.
• Interview, hire and conduct fair, effective and factual performance appraisals of Donor Engagement staff in collaboration with Human Resources.
• Attend local chamber meetings and other networking events to identify and secure prospective partners.
• When appropriate, serve as media spokesperson for We Are Blood.
• Demonstrate an understanding of applicable We Are Blood strategies and goals and how they address the community needs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Management.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 7 years of experience in corporate relations, sales, development, communications, or community outreach. 8 or more years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 2-3 years management experience required.
• Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and business contacts.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize under changing conditions and handle stressful situations.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Ability to develop and deliver informative and/or persuasive presentations.
• Strong public speaking skills.
• Computer skills that include the competent use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record. Must be able to provide reliable personal transportation.
• Flexibility to work weekends and evenings required.
• Ability to assimilate information reaching reasonable conclusions.
• Must be able to make sound judgments
• Ability to prioritize and deal with multiple time demands
• Must be able to multi-task
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled