Posted on Nov. 28, 2016
Goodwill Industries is looking to hire an individual with exceptional customer service skills as a donation attendant.
Receives donations, unloads and/or helps unload all donations from donors in a friendly, courteous manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Opens Center, counts totes, calls in to Plant the count and reports if pick up is needed between 5:30-6:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and Sundays from 5-6 p.m. If Center is a trailer, puts safety rail up.
• Cleans up around Center, moving large items under trailer, if applicable, for truck pick up.
• Greets donors in a friendly, courteous manner. Unloads or helps unload donations. Gives receipts, hands out flyers and donation bags.
• Keeps record of donations and time worked on tally sheets.
• Sorts donations in carts or tote boxes as instructed in Goodwill Donations Manual.
• If Center is a trailer, must insure propane heater and tank are turned off at heater and tank at closing if used during open hours.
• Performs general housekeeping and locks up doors at closing time. Puts safety rail in trailer, if applicable.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Opens trailer door so air can circulate through trailer when temperature is hot.
• Other duties as assigned.
On the job training such as serving as learner or trainee on the job under the instruction of qualified worker. Anything beyond short demonstration up to and including 30 days.
Interested candidates can apply in person, through email or for immediate attention you can send your information through "Quick Apply."