Posted on May. 5, 2017
401k / Retirement Plan, Health Insurance
Dock Workers Wanted
S & H Transportation is looking for Dock Workers
• Properly load and unload freight using a electric pallet jack.
• Responsible for accurately recording the condition of freight as it arrives at the terminal.
• Perform pre-shift and post-shift inspection of dock equipment.
• Regular attendance is required.
• This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
• High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• 18+ years of age.
• Experience in the transportation industry preferred.
• Stable employment history preferred.
• Physical activities include: standing, walking, lifting, twisting, turning, etc.
• Must have the ability to including overtime and weekends; must be dependable.
• Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct.
• Must be able to interact well with others.
• Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting.
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
• Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 40 lbs.
• Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please email your resume using the 'Quick Apply'.