at YRC Freight
Posted on Apr. 6, 2017
We have great careers open NOW. Make the call and you could be hired TODAY!
YRC Freight is looking for Dock Workers.
The Top Reasons to be a YRC Freight Dock Worker Include:
1. Fully paid or supplemented health care benefits and paid vacation, sick days and holidays
2. Excellent promotional opportunities! Many of our current drivers and managers started by working on the dock.
3. Our safety culture: from equipment upkeep to employee training, everyone shares in a commitment to safety
4. Our stature as a Fortune 500 unionized company
The primary function of a Dock Worker is to efficiently sort, handle, load and unload freight from over-the road equipment, containers, city trailers and/or straight trucks in accordance with oral and written instructions as well as federal and state regulations. Dock Workers operate various types of equipment including propane powered forklifts, pallet jacks and barcode scanners. Dock Workers are subject to varying climate conditions.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age
2. Ability to work varying shifts and days of the week
3. Ability to record applicable freight information on bill of lading and match back to the freight bill.
4. Must have reliable form of transportation.
5. Ability to frequently lift up to 55 lbs. from floor to above shoulder and horizontally and carry objects up to 100 feet. Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs. Seldom lift up to 100 lbs.
1. Basic computer skills in order to record applicable freight information on bill of lading.
2. Experience operating a forklift
3. Experience in the transportation industry
There are many benefits to joining the YRC Freight family. They include:
• Overtime pay for all hours worked greater than 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week, based on contract.
• Company-paid health and welfare at little or no cost to the employee. This includes:
- Prescription Drug
- Life Insurance
• Direct Deposit
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Sick Days
• $1 per hour wage increase each year for the first 4 years
Click the apply button for more information, positions are available IMMEDIATELY!