Posted on Jun. 28, 2017
MAPCO Express, Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delek US Holdings, Inc. With headquarters in Brentwood, Tenn., MAPCO operates 373 convenience stores in eight states under the MAPCO Express®, MAPCO Mart®, East Coast®, Discount Food Mart™, Fast Food and Fuel™, Delta Express®, and Favorite Markets® brand names. It is one of the largest company-operated convenience store chains in the United States, and one of the leading C-store operators in the Southeast. More than half of the retail segment’s store locations are in Tennessee, and the Company owns the real estate of more than half of the stores it operates.
A District Manager can expect to lead a market ranging from 10 to 15 convenience stores with an annual sales budget on averaging $10M in – store revenues and 11M gallons.
The DM has full responsibility to drive results, mentor a team of 10 – 15 store managers and develop the top line growth of the business.
The ideal candidate for this position is a passionate servant leader and self-starter. The candidate should have 5 or more years of experience in Multi-store, Territory or District Management within a similar channel, or other relevant leadership experience. The candidate should be high energy with a high level of commitment to excellence. The candidate must be sales oriented, ambitious, and above all customer focused. Strong attention to detail and the ability to build site improvement action plans is required. The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field and a MBA is strongly preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
• Drive Sales and Profitability - Provide leadership to a team of Store Managers & Restaurant Managers to attain company targets for sales, margin, expenses, employee turnover and overall profitability of each store.
• Organizational Development – Help develop a first class Site Manager team through use of metrics and day to day operations in the District.
• Represent store needs at Corporate Support Center – React strategically to changes in the market place and influence key MAPCO stakeholders to make necessary changes.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities
Critical Success Characteristics:
• Communication Skills – has excellent written and verbal communication skills. Is capable of sharing ideas with others with a true sense of purpose and excitement. Listen first approach.
• Ability to handle/manage stressful situations – responds effectively and professionally in times of conflict or at site level crisis management when needed.
• Fact Based Reasoning - relies on quantifiable data-driven analysis to inform decisions yet is comfortable using intuition when appropriate.
• Flexible – Willing to accept criticism, looking for ways to constantly change and adapt to the environment.
• Strategic Vision – considers customer and competitor trends in decision making. Aligns activities with MAPCOs strategy, goals, and key priorities
• Adaptable and Imaginative – remains open to change and visualizes possibilities to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities.
• Time Management - spends time on value-added activities and eliminates non value-added activities that takes away from the ability to drive results
• Organized – manages time and administrative affairs efficiently.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Short term
1. Help direct C-Store day to day operations execution.
2. Improve performance in outlying stores in the district.
1. Find marketing opportunities in the district through weekly analysis.
2. Build relationships and set expectations for Store Managers and Restaurant Managers.
• Long term
1. Continuously improve all store operations through systems execution
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.