Posted on Aug. 25, 2017
Health Insurance, 401K
SYGMA Network, Advance Your Career – Make an Impact – Have Fun at the Same Time!
SYGMA isn't your average workplace - it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. Advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, Apply TODAY!
We are hiring:
This position provides support to the Transportation Manager in the day-to-day operations of the transportation department.
* Communicate and cooperate with all supervisors and department heads. Keep manager current of any problems or potential problems.
* Map all out bound loads for product placement based on volumes and stops.
* Place and receive phone calls as needed, contacting drivers to fill in if necessary.
* Direct and coordinate transportation employees with weekly assigned scheduling.
* Ensures proper dispatch and debrief procedures are followed.
* Ensure and advise drivers of proper safety policies and practices
* Other duties as assigned by center Management.
Additional Duties that may be assigned:
* Monitor and control all Telogis/on board computer and log reports.
* Maintain good labor relations.
* Issues keys, record sheets and credentials to drivers.
* Records time of departure, destination, cargo and expected time of return.
* May issue equipment to drivers, such as hand trucks, dollies and blankets.
* Compiles list of available vehicles for dispatch.
* Review credits for accuracy and follow up.
* May issue credit.
Education & Experience
* High school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience
* Must be able to effectively communicate both written and verbal and have PC skills.
* Additional requirements may include; 1 year administrative or work experience related to the distribution or transportation industry.
License or Certification:
* Class A CDL Required
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
SYGMA is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability